Results to Date

Monday, April 19, 2010

Pat's Run

Run - Walk - Honor

Keith and I signed up for the Pat Tilman run a few months ago while we were picking up his packet for PF Changs.  28,000 or so other people had the same idea.

The freeways we backed up for miles.  AZDOT had exits shut down for construction and others were closed for the race.  We took a detour and got there pretty quick but they delayed the start of the race by 20 minutes because cars were still lined up on the freeway at racetime.

Me and Keith waiting for the race start

I woke up Saturday morning and I thought that I wasn't going to be able to walk my calf hurt sooo much!  I volunteered to drive so I figured I would just take Keith down there and watch.  I started to feel better while we were waiting in the coral so I decided that I would just run until my leg hurt and then I would take a shortcut back to the finish.
When we finally crossed the start line almost 20 minutes after the gun I was immediately suprised that my leg didn't hurt at all.  I stayed with Keith the entire way and we held a sub 10 minute pace the entire time.  The race went by fast!  It took us more time to find our way out of Sun Devil Stadium than it took to run the 4.2 miles.

Afterwards we did the Kids run with Keith's kids Olivia and Ella.  They ran the whole way and I think they finished the .34 miles in 0:3:19.