Results to Date

Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting ready to start again.

I am pretty much completely healed.  I still have a touch of pain but it feels more like it's on the surface as opposed to inside where the hernia was repaired.  It feels like the nerve endings are just starting to come back to life.

I'll probably start with a short run on the treadmill tomorrow.  Maybe a swim this afternoon.  Darn cold and they are expecting rain so riding might be out for one more week.

My weight has me concerned.  Ever since Novembember it has fluctuated daily up and down with a general trend towards "up" but the last few days there has been no "down" at all.  I'm 6 pounds heavier than I was a week ago I think.  I track my weight daily on myfatsecret.com and they allow people to track everything they eat as well.  They have a really nice android app called "calorie counter" which synchs with the website.  It's very difficult to track what you eat but I might give it a shot.

Yesterday for lunch I had two double cheeseburgers from McDonald's.  They are nice enough now to actually print the nutritional info on the wrappers.  After I ate them I noticed that a double has 440 calories.  I swear I would have guessed 1/2 that.  Today I had a bowl of Special K with skim milk.  I measured everything and it turns out that I eat two servings and not one.