Results to Date

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Nothing - Bike - Run

Seriously, I have got to go swimming in the very near future.

This week is about to evaporate because I have to watch the kids tomorrow and Katie is going up North to hike the Grand Canyon on thursday.  Today was horrible weather, rain and hail so I didn't get to do anything today.
Let me take a moment to criticize LA Fitness yet again.  I am begging the guy behind the counter to take my $24.99 / month for two months and then I'll quit again after the race.  Instead he wants $99 to sign me up.  I realize that is probably his commission but why let me walk out when I clearly want to give them money?

But I digress.

I have been very with my other two disciplines.  I am in the last full month of training before the race.  I've timed it wrong this year.  For some reason I was a week off in my training plan or I took an extra week off.  I can't tell for sure.  Anyway, I've been running 18 plus miles regularly on Sundays for almost 2 months now.  I haven't really been doing the required long rides but I have a descent base and I have been very good about my strenght and threshold rides.  I got in 85 miles on Saturday after Katie got sick and couldn't hike.  I would have gotten 100 plus but I got a bit of a late start.

This weekend is out unless I can get help watching the kids.  I'll have to figure something out.  I don't think it's going to be as hot so maybe I can get my Brother to watch them for a while on Saturday or Sunday.  For my run I'll either do the same thing I did a couple weeks ago and get an hour in on the treadmill before heading outside for another couple hours or I'll just do 3 x 1 hour runs with some time between to feed the kids and try to keep myself sane.  Treadmill long distance running is not a ton of fun.

Weekend after that is Rocky Point.  Riding is out for that time but I'll be able to get some long runs in.

I really will.  I'm able to force myself out of bed and run long distances.

Why don't you believe me?  I did it in Cabo a year ago.  Although the heat and humidity almost killed me.

That's going to put me 30 days out from the race.  A rest week and I'm 3 weeks away.  One hard week and then a two plus some week taper.

Predictions.  Boy I don't want to screw up.  I should go sub 12:00.  I have delusions of going sub 11:00.  Not likely.  There would have to be no wind on the bike and I'd have to hold 9:00 min/miles on the run.  Unlikely.  We'll see.