Results to Date

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Last time I rode...

I don't remember if it was 2 weeks ago Thursday or Friday but Ken took a couple days off so we went out and rode.  That should tell you how totally unprepared I feel for the ride in 4 weeks.

Anyway we were just making our way out east with no particular destination in mind when I think we both realized at the same time that we were about to ride past Doug's house.  I don't know if we consiously set out to do it but we turned up a different road instead.

A while later we decided to head out toward McDowell Mountain Ranch and took Via Linda out that way.  Before we realized it we were riding in front of the police station where Doug killed himself.  We both got kind of quiet for a little while.  I think we both realized that it had been a while since we thought about him.  At least that's what I realized.  He's been gone almost six months and I hardly think of him anymore.  That makes me feel a little depressed.