Results to Date

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Saturday ride, Sunday nothing so far...

I'm going to call it a sort of productive weekend. 

I'll start with today and my complaining.  I got up early and didn't do anything.  I have no idea why.  I'm starting to think that maybe I like the idea of being completely unprepared.

Saturday was a blast.  Very difficult.  Matt and I left from my house for Bartlett Lake. 

It's probably the most brutal ride in town here.  It's uphill to the turnoff to the lake and then 14 miles to the lake.  It's three miles down with, three up, two down, one up, and four down to the water. 

Tradition holds that you dip your front wheel in the lake before you turn around and do it in reverse.  Matt said some nice words and a heartfelt prayer for Doug.  10 months ago today.

I think the last time I did this ride was 2006 and I owned it.  Saturday was not likewise!  Matt has some very good early season form and I did OK getting down to the water and on the first 4 mile climb out I was able to pull for a while and hold Matt's wheel the rest but I fell behind on the final two climbs; embarrassingly so in the final 2 miles.  There was tail wind so I was able to barely hold his wheel as he pulled at 30 mph down Pima to Dynamite and home.

Great ride but I definitely need work even for this early in the season.