Results to Date

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Alcatraz

For the first time since 2006 I haven't signed up for the Alcatraz lottery.

It's really a fun race, believe me.  It's just a pain in the neck to get there and do it.

It's worth it.  I've done the race 4 times and had 3 decent races; one of which was actually pretty good.  I'd love to get in it and really train hard and kill the race with a sub 2:30 but really, that's not in the cards for me.  A 2:45 would be awesome, and really attainable but not super feasible.

Truth is that it's hard to arrange a trip like that.  It costs a lot to enter, travel, bring or rent a bike, and everything that goes with that.

So this year I didn't get in the lottery.  Still not sure how I feel about it but I don't think I'm really down about it.  Let you know in June when it's going on and I am here.