Results to Date

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Where have I been!!!!???

I just looked and it's been like 9 days since I wrote anything.

Two Saturdays ago I was real concerned about my ride. This past Saturday I did 112 miles in 6 hours almost exactly! That included the usual red lights and stops for water during which the clock just kept running so I feel a little better about it. If the workout gods (small g) look kindly upon me I should be able to come in somewhere around 5:30. I'll be happy at 6:00.

Runs have been great! I did a little over 16 miles on Sunday and then Tuesday morning I ran over 8 with 4 really hard 7 minute efforts. 10 minute miles bring you in at 4:20. I can run 9 minute miles all day but I'm not that fast after riding. I get shin splints for the first mile and then I start to feel better. They say it takes a couple miles before you start to feel normal running. Prediction: 4:10

Swims? What can I say about the swims? My math is bad. I kept thinking I was on target for a 1:20 swim but it turns out there is a difference between meters and yards. It's not a real significant difference unless you are talking about 3,600 of them then you have to add quite a few yards to equal that. Prediction 1:35. Chad says just under 1:30 with the wetsuit.

So with a WHOLE BUNCH of luck and another 59 DAYS of prep I could wrap this thing up sub 12:00. I feel like such a schmuck writing that down because I'm going to feel like crap when I crawl in at 16 hours and I won't enjoy the idea that I just finished.

Confront the brutal facts but never lose sight of your ultimate goal.