Results to Date

Monday, February 15, 2010

My first rest week...

I am entering my first rest week of 2010 (not including the 3 weeks I was off from my surgery).

Last week went really well I think.  I would have like to have squeezed in another swim.  I am going to have to redouble my focus to find another hour during the week.  I did two very nice runs.  Friday I ran 8 miles to Mike's house in the morning before work and we carpooled from there.

Saturday I joined Doug and Matt for our Saturday ride.  A great time around Rio Verde.  Doug is strong as ever and Matt has used his layoff to his advantage.  I am now the weak link in this group.  Fortuenately Mike is out of commission with a cold and Ken is still recovering from a broken thumb or I would have had 2 more people pass me on the hills.  I got 80 in when all was said and done.  It really beat me up though and I decided to skip the run on Sunday.

I am still undecided about travel to San Francisco in April.  If I drive it will take longer.  A nice long weekend would be nice but I don't know how that will play at home.  Paige can't miss any more school.  I could fly but I'll have to either pay a hundred bucks to fly with me or at least that to have tri-bike transport move it.  Plus car rental and maybe hotel. 

Florida is still an issue as well.  Same problems but driving is not a possibility.

I haven't had a chance to check out bike rental shops.  That would solve a lot of problems.