Results to Date

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Why we work out

A bullshit ride is when you ride up a hill; sometimes hill after hill until somebody in the ride (usually me) screams out, "This is bullshit!"

In March 2007 I went for a three hour run and halfway through my knee collapsed and by the time I got home my leg was completely locked up.

Training for IMAZ April 2008 I got really bad shin splints and every time I went running it hurt so much I wanted to crawl.  I ended up walking the marathon at that race.

I suck at swimming.  Imagine that every time you put your face in the water you felt like you were going to drown.  That's what I feel like now.

It's been so hot sometimes on the bike that my handlebars hurt to touch.

I've run out of water, bonked, felt like shit, crashed, gotten hurt, had to replace equipment, ridden into the teeth of 40 mph winds, and just had all around rotten rides.

When it was finally over I've never, never, not one time, ever thought to myself, "Boy, I wish I had just stayed home."