Results to Date

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Long Run

To start with, my Blackberry is MIA.  Not sure where it ended up but it's not in my bag.  I had to run this morning with no tunes.

I got up 7:30-ish which I was thinking was a bit late.  I downed a bunch of advil and water and some oatmeal.  I tried shaking off the effects of the damage I did to my body in Cabo last night.

I got dressed and stretched and opened the door to start what should have been a 2:50 run. 

HOT!  It must have been 85 degrees with 100% humidity.  After the first hour my clothes were completely drenched and I was overheating.  Sweating only works if the sweat evaporates.  It was so humid that the water just sat on top of me.  I was drenched.  I stopped for a minute and bought a coke.  I walked in the shade when I could.

Ended up OK.  I got the time in if not the distance that I wanted and I feel pretty good.  One more big week of running.