Results to Date

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A slight injury

Yesterday riding home I felt a bit of discomfort as I rode. The seams of my shorts were rubbing me a bit. I ignored it on the ride but when I got home and jumped in the shower I noticed that I had been rubbed rather raw. When the hot water hit me I wanted to scream and jump out of my skin. The pain subsided and that was pretty much the end of it.

This morning I went out for an hour run. I could feel my shorts rubbing me and my legs rubbing which brought about the same pain. When I got home I was about to jump into the shower and I saw blood running down the inside of my thigh. The hair on my legs had rubbed me completely raw. Yuck. And painful.

I picked up a bunch of antibiotic cream with pain killer. I have to ride tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. I think I'll get up a little early and adjust the angle of the seat as well.