Results to Date

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Final Rest Week is History

I did my final rest week run.  45 minutes.  Seemed easy.
I was going through all my old data and I realized that this is the first time I've actually been healthy enough to actually run this week.  In April 07 I had blown my knee up and I think I did one run between my final three hour run and the race 3 weeks later.  April 08 is when I thought I had shin splints and it hurt too much to run the entire last 3 months.  I walked the marathon in about 6 hours.  Last year, while not incapacitated I was definitely in pain every time I ran and I don't think I ran at all during the rest week or in the following 3 week build to race day.
This will be interesting to see how I do with a decent build to the race.  I'd like to think I can pull of 10 min/miles (or something close).
Again, I hate making predictions but I COULD break 12 hours if there is no wind and if I don't completely ruin the day with a 2 hour swim first thing.