Results to Date

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hard ride and run

Monday afternoon (already blowing a resolution) was a reasonably short but intense ride. It included 4, 10 minute efforts at level 4 - 5a. Pretty difficult.

This morning I did get out of the house at 5:15 am for an hour run. Fantastic run. I had to do 3, 7 minute efforts again at level 4 - 5a; basically fast enough that you can't really think about anything but putting your next foot down. Each effort got progressively faster and easier. I think in the first 7 minutes I didn't really get my heart rate up into level 4. There were 3 minute "rests" at level 1 between efforts. During the second interval I was able to get my HR into zone 4 but my Garmin HR monitor kept alerting me that it also dropped out of that level quite often. By the third effort I had really found my stride.

I timed the run incorrectly so I found myself about 1/2 mile from home when the time ran out on my 10 minute cool down so I went a little further than expected. I'm not saying that I'm looking forward to next Tuesday already but it was a great time.