Results to Date

Sunday, January 07, 2007

A really great day!

Day got off on a bad foot, so to speak. I got up kind of early but bummed around for a few hours so I didn't have time to go out and run before church.

After church we went and hiked North mountain with some friends. I've lived in Phoenix 20 years now and this is the first mountain hike I've ever done. It was a lot of fun. I wish I had brought my GPS with me because there seems to be great debate about how long the hike is and how high. http://phoenix.gov/PARKS/hiknogud.html says it is a 1,500 foot climb over 1.6 miles. Could have been, like I said, wish I'd had the GPS.





I have a flannel shirt wrapped around my waist. I'm not wearing PJs. Am I really that skinny?



I don't know if you've ever gone hiking with a 3 year old. They start by walking, then they run, then they crawl, then they sit down and ask to be carried. All that takes about 100 yards. So the nice thing is I got to do the hike with Paige on my shoulders for a little "extra" workout. She was too tired to walk down as well so I carried her down as well. I really expected the tops of the thighs to be burning today but they feel pretty good considering. I left thinking that I would skip the run today because I did feel like I'd had a decent workout.

Afterwards we got home and put the kids down for a nap I changed my mind and decided to just go out and do something short at level 1. My right knee was giving me some problems so I was getting ready to bail out of the run when all of a sudden I felt great! At first I decided to just do some laps around the neighborhood so I'd be close to home but then I started going out farther. Then I'd say to myself that I'll just go out another half mile and turn around. That turned into a mile, which turned into two, and then three. Eventually I did turn around and got home with 11.31 miles under my belt.

I used the rolling pin on my legs for a long time and stretched out a bunch but my legs are really beat up right now. See how I feel in the morning.