Results to Date

Friday, January 05, 2007

A strange encounter with a freak!

An extremely weird thing happened today on the ride to work.

There was a full moon and it was cloudy and rainy which obscured much of the light. It was kind of a spooky morning.

I was in the middle of a 20 minute warm up when a guy rides up to me from behind. That's weird because nobody is ever out on the road that early when it's this cold out. Not to mention the fact that I'm not used to getting caught by single riders. So he pulls up next to me. I say, "Hi" but he just stares straight ahead and I'm like, whatever. So after a minute or so I'm getting really uncomfortable having a stranger riding next to me. I'm going to speed up or slow down when he looks over at me and says, "Did you ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?"

I'm thinking that this guy must know me so I ask him who he is. He tells me his name and I have no idea who he is and he doesn't seem to know me. So I say to him, "Why are you quoting Batman lines at me then?" He says that he wasn't quoting anything. Just then my bike computer said it was time to hammer the pedals so I said, "Well I'll see you later freak." And I left him behind.