Results to Date

Monday, January 29, 2007

Sick twice in a year

So I'm finally getting over this f-ing cold.... Again!

I was pretty sick two weeks ago with the sneezing and the coughing. That's pretty much passed. Last week I kept waking up at 1:00 am with a really bad cough. I have a lot of that cough syrup with codeine so that worked nicely but I decided to stop taking it last night and I slept fine.

The illness really affected my times I think. Three Sundays ago I ran 13.2 miles in 1:50:00. That's a half marathon in under 2 hours. That was the day of the PF Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Marathon. If I'd have known I was going to be that fast I'd have run it.

Then two Sundays ago my long run was 2 hours. I thought that I was going to look down at my pedometer and see around 15 miles. I only ran 13.1 miles. That's .1 miles less in 10 additional minutes. That kind of bugged me.

Then yesterday, it being a rest week, I only had to run 45 minutes. I only got 4.83 miles. That's hardly a 10 minute/mile pace. I was really disappointed. Not to mention that I have not felt my best on the rides either.

This morning was different I think. I haven't downloaded the data into my computer yet but today I had to ride for 1:20 and I had to do 4 x 10 minute intervals at HR approaching and even brushing up against LT. The ride went fantastic.

First of all, you know how a couple months ago I complained that 48 degrees was cold? It was 48 today and it was perfect out. I really enjoyed riding on the aero-bars too. It was very very very comfortable and my whole body besides my legs was very still. That means that I wasn't wasting any energy on anything except moving the pedals. It was easy to settle into a high cadence and keep my HR right where it needed to be. I even took Hummingbird on the way in and did some climbing.