Results to Date

Monday, September 21, 2009

Kind of a bum

I'm pretty sure I took it kind of easy last week. I ran and rode but I think I missed a day of each.

I just rejoined my gym today. I need to focus myself and prioritize swimming. I don't have a heck of a lot of time left.

I went up to the cabin late. Katie went up on Thursday afternoon. I was going to go up Friday but instead I had dinner with Keith and his family. Then I went back to his house and tried to drink all his scotch. Then for some reason a cigar sounded good.

I wasn't in very good shape at 4:00 am the next morning to go up to Flagstaff. I finally cleaned up the kitchen and left and got up there around 8:30. I left my bike in Phoenix. Kind of an all around crappy Saturday. Had a nice time with Katie Saturday night.

Sunday I did manage to drag myself out of bed for a 15 mile run. I intended it to be flat. Instead I did this little gem:





Pretty nutty with the climb. I actually finished OK. I think we're up in Flag again next week so I'd like to think I'll do OK again. This time shooting for 16 miles. I went South this time on I-17. I think next weekend I'll run North. At least the profile on my rides there looks like it's downhill on the way home. Start with a 250 ft drop over 2 miles then climb 301 feet over 4.5 miles and then pretty flat for 1.5 miles and then back.





Of course the rotten part is the last 2 miles coming back home.





The cool thing on my plate is the bike. I think I've settled on a Scott Plasma 20. A very reasonably priced bike. If TriSports in tucson has the price I want I'll zip down there tomorrow and get it. I'm very excited.