Results to Date

Monday, September 28, 2009

Very, very, very sore

My legs are just beat today.

I'm a little concerned because I don't think they should be this bad this late in the season.

This weekend marked the end of the second-to-last month of real training culminating with a 3,000 plus meter swim Friday, 100+ mile ride on Saturday, and a 15+ mile run on Sunday.

The swim was uneventful. I should have gone swimming today but didn't.

The ride was fun. I rode up to Flagstaff and met up with Ken who was up there with his family. We were going to go out around Mormon Lake but they have the road all ripped up on the way so we decided to head north. I figured I needed an easy 20 or so out so that I would get a hundred in when I got back home.

Don't miles 40 - 80 look easy and fun?

Seriously, it was a good time and the hills didn't feel as hard as they look here.

This time on the run I went out north instead of south. I ended up not getting in as many miles as I had hoped but all in all a good run.

I ended up averaging a 9:35 pace over 15.7 miles although I think if I had it to do over I would have pushed through and gotten another 1/4 mile in to make it an even 16.

Rest week now and then a big 3 week push through the finish.

Wish me luck.