Results to Date

Monday, December 21, 2009

Escape from Alcatraz.....take 3

I seem to have pretty good luck in this lottery.  I've gotten drawn 3 out of 4 years.
They moved the race up from late June to early May.  I figure I have three more weeks of training and then I have my hernia surgery on January 6.  If I take it easy and pretty much write January off the list that leaves me with February, March, and April to train for that swim and then 1/2 IM Florida is 2 weeks after that on the 16th.
I think we're going to avoid a huge family trip this year up to SF even though we enjoyed it each time.  I'll just zip up there for 2 days or so.
I really want to do this swim better.  I've said that each time but if I don't train for this, well, SF bay is not something you do very well in if you aren't prepared.  They say it's 1.5 miles but I don't really think it was that far but it is way, way, WAY tougher than the 2.4 IM swim.