Results to Date

Monday, December 21, 2009

Sort of back into it.

My Brother Keith and his wife Vicki are doing the PF Changs 1/2 marathon.  Doug's doing the full and going for a Boston qualifier.
Sunday I ran 10 miles with Keith.  Actually it's 1/2 mile to and from his house so I ended up with 11.  We went slow and steady down Cave Creek to Pinnacle Peak.  He's in fine shape and should do the 1/2 without problem.  He'd be amazed how much fitter he'd be if he'd quit smoking!  Maybe he'll kick it up to a full after this.
Afterwards I went and stood in my pool.  I can't imaging how cold it is.  It really can't be very cold because it's just not that cold here yet, even at night.  But it seemed very cold and it's been a long time since I took an ice bath.  I couldn't stand it very long.  This morning my leg muscles start hurting right where the cold water stopped touching.  Ice baths are magic!