Results to Date

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Getting better

I'm feeling a whole lot better.  I anticipate being 100% by Saturday.

This is nice because I'm being forced to really, completely, utterly rest right now.  I really feel like this is something that I need, in so many different ways.

My pattern over the past several years has been to just turn into a couch potato.  After April 2007 IM my shins were really messed up and I didn't run at all until June 24th at Alcatraz.  I promptly hurt them again training too hard and didn't run after that until after the April 2008 IM.

I stayed pretty healthy after that and with the help of Tim over at Windhawk (the stretching gurus) I was able to train running and put together a decent marathon time at the November 2008 IMAZ.

6 days after the race I was at the ASU/UCLA game and I twisted the crap out of my ankle.  I don't think it is completely healed to this day.  That pretty much reduced my training for almost 6 months.

So anyway, I'm really hoping that this cold will pass and that I'll be able to get back to some comfortable fun running soon.  Of course I am then finally going to have my hernia operated on early into the new year.  That will take me out for a couple weeks.

I'm signed up for Ironman Florida 70.3 in May.  This will be my first 1/2 distance race.  For those new to the blog IM 2007 was my first triathlon.  I sent in my lottery application for Alcatraz.  They moved that race to May 2.  I'll keep you posted.