Results to Date

Thursday, August 13, 2009

100 Days... Again!

From Thursday, January 04, 2007:

100 Days and counting....
Where I think I stand with 100 days left to go...


Run: Call me crazy but this has definitely become my favorite discipline. I don't really have any clue how fast I'm going to be able to go after swimming and riding but I think I could run a 1:30 half marathon if I had to.

Bike: What can I say? I love being on the bike still. The long rides are slightly burdensome because of the "have to" aspect to them. Or as Doug put it, "We're not riding with Marc today. We're riding with Marc's heart rate monitor."

Swim: Today I really think for the first time the stroke and the breathing all came together. I think I finally have a stroke that can get me through. It's all about the drills and the speed now.

I'm probably behind on the bike in terms of endurance and fitness but pretty close on strength. I think I'm way ahead of where I was prepping for last year's race. Can't say how I compare on the run though. I certainly had not yet experienced an injury while running then. The thought that I might get hurt hinders my runs.

I was pretty happy to have read that post about the swimming. It means that as bad off as I am right now with the swim that I am ahead of back then. I know that 1:30 is a really slow time but I can live with that. I do need to swim though.