Results to Date

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Checking in

Doing well. Probably on track with running and riding. Still haven't spent any time swimming. Time management here is the inhibitor.

Running three times / week. Actually probably actually averaging two. My long runs are up to 12 miles and I'mg getting in another 12 during the week. The ice baths are saving my life I think. So far no unmanageable pain. Another running tip I have picked up is to stay off streets and sidewalks whenever possible. Treadmills and trails are best.

Riding a decent amount. My plan this year is to continue strength rides and climbing until the end of this month and then put the aero bars on and switch the focus to endurance for 60 days. I've climbed Snowbowl 3 times and I think I'll get another 2 - 3 climbs in this year.

I'm a little down because my weight is up. I can't seem to break through below 160 for any length of time. Back in 06 when we got back from France I probably weighed about the same as I do today but within 60 days I had dropped 15 pounds and all I was doing was riding. I don't remember starving myself or cutting out beer. I lost another 10 in the next few months training for my first IM. I think the only thing I'm doing different right now is not swimming so I guess I just have to throw another 3 hours / week of that into the mix and see what happens.