Results to Date

Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend in review

First the good news. My weight this morning was 155. Down 5 pounds from last Monday. I haven't been starving myself but I have definitely been watching the portion sizes. Plus I've been holding myself to 1 or two miller lite beers at night.

Saturday I joined Doug, Ken, Mike, and Matt on a ride. After some confusion about when and where we were to meet we all got together for a ride out to the west side of Phoenix. Good time, I took my share of turns at the front and kept my heart low the rest of the time.

A little drama at the end. We were fighting a strong crosswind on a long stretch when a jerk in an SUV swerved towards us and honked his horn. I caught up with him at the next gas station and gave him a piece of my mind for about 5 minutes. I was pretty beat up at the end. Mike bailed a few miles before then and I went home. Doug and company had 20 miles or so left.

Sunday I managed to drag myself out of bed and get on the road before 6. The sun was just coming up so the first half of my run went well. The second half was uphill and I found it to be quite uncomfortable.

Saturday afternoon I bought a FuelBelt with water holder on it. Very Very Very nice and comfortable. It holds 4, 8oz bottles of water on it. Much better than the device I was using before. Turned out to be just a touch less than I needed though. I ended up walking the cooldown plus a little extra and finished in just under 10 minute miles.