Results to Date

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Two forced rest days

All my big talk yesterday came to a screeching halt when I got home yesterday morning and discovered, you guessed it, another flat. I should have just fixed the tire and rode in to work but as has been my pattern as of late, I just drove in.

Anyway, during the day my legs felt worse and worse. I failed to take an ice bath after my run Sunday and I think that contributed to my pain. As the day went on I felt worse and worse. Climbing a set of stairs really was literally a pain by the end of the day. My shins and calves were definitely injured.

Last night I soaked in a tub for a half hour or so. I had the water so hot that I thought I was having a heart attack. Sweat was just pouring off my head the whole time. Afterwards I gave my shins and calves a good massage and I felt pretty good by the time I went to bed.

This morning I still didn't feel 80% so I stayed in bed an extra hour. I really do feel pretty good right now. I think the next couple days riding and I'll be good to go on Friday for my next run.