Results to Date

Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend and weight

Was up in Flagstaff again this weekend.

Saturday I rode up to Flag and met Ken up there. We rode up to the top of Snowbowl. Went very easy up the hill. I'd like to say it's because my knee was bothering me. It was but the truth is that my legs feel very sluggish these days. I don't feel like I have tons of strength and speed in them.

Took my old handlebar cam up with me and filmed the descent from the top of the hill. I almost get killed right after I pass Ken and then again at 7:41 I stop paying attention for a second and almost ride off the road.

I went pretty slow down the hill. I didn't / couldn't push it at all on the last mile or I might have at least gotten close to my best time of 10:03. I think I ended up at 10:33.



Sunday was a long run. I have one more week of 2 hour runs until my rest week and then the time starts increasing by 10 minutes / week. I think my three hour run is in Cabo. I'm hoping there's a nice beach to run on.

Just like the ride my legs felt very sluggish. I'm glad to say that my heart and lungs felt very good. I'm hoping all this training at altitude pays off.

I cannot seem to cut weight. In August 2007 I must have lost 15 pounds riding so much after we got back from France. I don't remember for sure but I must have been starving myself as well. I do remember bonking several times on the way home from work.

I'm stuck at 160 right now. I'll go a pound or two above or below but I really seem to be stuck here.

I'm at 89 days right now so I think I have to cut 15 pounds over the next 60 days. That's roughly 900 calories / day or 6,300 / week. That's another 1+ hour of exercise every day or cutting calories or both!

I have said this before, but I really need to get in the pool. If I do that three times / week that should get me about halfway there. I think I'm going to cut beer out except on weekends.

Jeez, did I really just say that?

I can't remember where I heard this, but recently I heard that if you drink a diet drink, 20 minutes later you crave something sweet. This is because your body is fooled into thinking that you just drank sugar so it starts to create insulin. I don't know if I believe this but cutting diet coke out of my diet is probably not the worst thing I can do for myself. Ok, I'm going to add a little food blog and try and keep track of what I eat.

More later