Results to Date

Friday, December 22, 2006

Cool weather

My thermometer read 37 degrees this morning. Actually a pretty perfect temperature. Don't get me wrong, I was very thankful for every bit of cold weather gear I had on. I look like a Ninja with my shoe covers and Lycra leggings. I had arm warmers on and a long sleeve t-shirt on along with the whole head covering Lycra hat. I would have looked like a cat burglar except for my very cool Speed Racer jersey.

Actually a fantastic ride. The air temperature wasn't cold enough to freeze the exposed skin like on Monday and Wednesday but it was just crisp enough to keep the ride nice. I really need to work on drinking more water. I got to work and realized that I hadn't had a drop.

The ride was 1.5 hours at level 3. I was pretty tired at towards the end. I felt like I had been doing leg presses for an hour. As I approached the last 5 minutes of the ride before my cool down I noticed my heart rate starting to slip into level 2. Just then "Viva Las Vegas" came on my mp3. I just hammered it for the last couple miles.

I really need to take it easy in level 1 going home this afternoon. Big ride tomorrow with Doug and Ken.