Results to Date

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Look Mom, no hands!

Something I forgot to mention a few weeks ago that I don't understand.

About a month before leaving for France I lost the ability to ride no-handed. This may not seem like a big deal but I took great pride in this skill. I once rode to Doug's house and back, 28 miles, and only touched the handlebars once other than to shift gears.

So one day, bam! If I let go of the bars the bike just veered to the right. I could correct but I'd end up going way left. It wasn't the bike because I couldn't do it on the 5200s we were riding in France either.

Anyway. Right after I finished the 500 in 5 days ride it came back. The family all went out for a spin and all of a sudden I can ride no handed again.

I hope this isn't like an episode of "House" or anything like that. If I end up in the hospital with some unexplainable neurological thing make sure you mention this to the doctor.