Results to Date

Monday, December 04, 2006

CRASH!!! (again)

I'm becoming a menace to myself.

Today was a great ride in spite of everything. I got out of the house at 5:45 am. Temp was 45 degrees so I didn't wear the full winter regalia but I put on my new cold weather gloves. The ride today was supposed to be a 20 minute warm up followed by 45 at level 3 with a 10 minute cool down.

I met Ken on the road coming in and spent most of the time pulling. At one point we came to an intersection on a red light. I looked left/right/left and even though I saw a truck coming I knew we could make it so I yelled "Clear" hammered through the intersection.

Ken didn't feel as comfortable running the red in front of the truck so he slowed. When I realized he wasn't with me I slowed down and looked back. I saw he was coming so I just kept going. I turned around and just as I was facing forward my front and rear tires rubbed up against the side of the curb.

Ken said he didn't see exactly what happened but he did see plenty of sparks! I tried to control the bike but I went over on the right side and I came down on my right hip pretty hard. I came out of the pedals and rolled for a little while before coming to a stop right in front of the bike.

A quick inventory revealed no broken bones. I know my hip is going to be very sore. I've got some pretty nasty scrapes and my right butt cheek is one big raspberry. The good news is the bike appears to have escaped completely unscathed. I don't know who's watching out for me up there but they're doing a great job.

My new goal here is not to crash again until after April 15, 2007.