Results to Date

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Time to get serious!

I must say something like this every time I get my next month's training plan. But this is BS!

Doug says that a BS ride is when you are out riding on a long hill and you climb and you climb until someone screams, "This is BS!"

My weekday rides now include 4, 10 minute efforts at level 4 to 5a. Believe it or not, I'm actually a little excited about this because this is exactly the kind of work I started doing when I got back from France. It's one of the things that really put some speed into my legs.

But...

My weekday runs now include 3, 7 minute efforts at level 4 to 5a. Basically this is saying that while I'm out for my usual 7 mile run in the morning I need to run 3 of those miles in 7 minutes each.

And...

On Saturday, after I get done with my 6+ hour ride (with an hour of it in level 3) I have to get off my bike and run for 20 minutes. No kidding, I remember when a 20 minute run WAS the workout. Of course Sunday I get to follow that up with a 2 hour run.

Bottom line: You see the workouts really don't seem to be getting longer, but they sure are tougher all of a sudden.

I'll keep you posted as to my progress.